And thanks for the uploaded musics (I figured it was you
To be honest, I don't remember now if I ever uploaded some of my mods to Modland or AMP
I really feel honored by your interest
1. In your presentation entry in AMP forum, you explain being one of the founder of TLOTB. How did this happen ? Can you tell us more about how it came to be ?
Memories faint, but I will try to remember. At the very first (and this is not common knowledge), TLOTB was a little local crack group led by BladeRunner. In the beginning of 1994, we met each other while role playing with common friends and found we both were interested in demoscene. I already was playing with trackers and had some modules of my own, so BladeRunner asked me to join and we used FC's MusicDiscPlayer to release my modules as the first TLOTB demo-related release.
2. And then we know of Inside, however, I've found no production. Was something released by this group ?
Inside was formed at Euskal Party 6, IIRC. At that time there were several music groups like Five Musicians, Tokyo Dawn Records... Some friends (Awesome, Evelred, Naif, Noisy Man, Smash!, Sergio DJ, Wally, Wonder) gathered at the party and thought... why not a Spanish music group? There were some Inside music releases at first and a forever planned music disk which never was
. People slowly lost interest in the group and became one of the most unproductive in the scene. A common joke when we met was asking each other about the next Inside release
3. Music wise, there seem to be a wide variety of genre. Plain melodious, like "Sad and Unavoidable", noise-ish, like "Princesa Sinfarosa Mix", demo-ish like "I better quit" or even chip-ish like "Trikanoid". Is there any you feel more confortable with ? The real question may be : do you compose with a purpose in mind or adapt afterwards for a given project ?
I've never considered myself a real musician and I can't even describe how my creative process was. I was actually interested in the limitations of the module format, and that interest got lost when mp3 started to be common place. In my case, I composed some tunes with no other purpose in mind but to track something that 'sounded good' in my head (e.g. 'I better quit') while I created others with specific characteristics for a project (e.g. 'Trikanoid')
4. can you tell us the real title of FST.APOCALYP (coming from Apocalipsys demo by TLOTB) ?
Well, the real name of the demo is 'Apocalypse' (pouët got it wrong
) and I guess that was the name of the tune.
5. MOD.Destination, your first music (or so you commented in the Wally's Musicdisk vol 1). How do you feel today about your first tracking experience ?
. It is a cover of Megabeat, an ancient Spanish techno group (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1hlxfQ6by8
) and that's why I'm credited as 'adapter'. I really needed to channel my teenager creativity and tracking was a great experience which I enjoyed. I look back now and I am happy I didn't try to do it for a living
5bis. Was there ever a Vol 2 of this musicdisk ?
Maybe it was considered at first, but never seriously by me later.