AMP
December 17, 2017, 09:37:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where did I hear this before? :-)  (Read 5360 times)
deus-ex

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2015, 22:55:20 »

Yes, you nailed it!!! The remix is a coop by Nula & Dusty, used for the secret level of the game Honey Blaster. Here's the original DOOM song for reference.

Best regards
deus-ex
Asle
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2015, 20:51:31 »

I so prefer the ad-lib version ! historical reasons Smiley
OK, so, I must now propose something. Damn. OK, bear with me. I'm looking for it. Though, if anyone got anything, don't hesitate.
Jazzcat

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2015, 23:07:45 »

Sylvain, good job on the Doom tune! I had no idea where this melody came from.

So, the next question consists of two parts. The first one is easy - which Amiga module did extensive use of this material: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bu9xkfu9nz8dfkc/AMP%20-%20le%20sample.mp3?dl=0

And the second - who is the original author of this music?
Axxy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2015, 23:31:31 »

Sylvain, good job on the Doom tune! I had no idea where this melody came from.

So, the next question consists of two parts. The first one is easy - which Amiga module did extensive use of this material: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bu9xkfu9nz8dfkc/AMP%20-%20le%20sample.mp3?dl=0

And the second - who is the original author of this music?

Sounds like war has never been so much fun from the cannon fodder theme?
Asle
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2015, 00:15:34 »

Definitely Delorean music Smiley
After digging, it's mod.soul_free, almost certainly !

Man how on earth would I know it's from somewhere else ?!? So, the second question remains without answer from me.

You guys seem to have a outstanding knowledge of the world music. I'm impressed !
Axxy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2015, 11:15:54 »

Man how on earth would I know it's from somewhere else ?!? So, the second question remains without answer from me.

You guys seem to have a outstanding knowledge of the world music. I'm impressed !

Jesus, you know your mods.  Shocked
Jazzcat

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2015, 12:41:33 »

Of course it’s Soul Free! The famous Prism soundtrack. Congratz again, Asle. It’s great to know there are still people who remember the classics.

I remember being really disappointed when I found out that Delorean’s brilliant mod was a part-cover of George Michael’s song with the same title: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Rgy5_pzY8

Axxy, Cannon Fodder? Because of the somewhat reggae piano groove or what? Smiley
Axxy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2015, 15:45:30 »

Axxy, Cannon Fodder? Because of the somewhat reggae piano groove or what? Smiley

The beat sounds almost identical and I was just waiting for "WAR...."  Wink

But then again, with soooo many mods to listen to in the playlist, I think the soul free module was last played in 1997!  Grin

I'm amazed Asle seems to remember every module every created..
Asle
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2015, 22:20:05 »

well, I like my mods Smiley Thanks for the praise, but it's really among the classics (at least for me .. heh)
But then, I know Delorean repertoire but not George Michael's. And I mean NOT AT ALL !

And now, back to square one Smiley digging up something
Asle
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2015, 17:57:16 »

ok, let's try this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sjb9WEbSSw
might be too easy, but ...
mld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2015, 17:05:53 »

Hi folks,

long time no see.

The scene song Asle is looking for is called "Spaceship 505" and there's two versions... One by ZZZAX in Soundmon format, the other one is a cover by Neurodancer in AHX.

I listened to the song a short while ago, when I was stress checking some replays like the BZR/flod plugin. :-)

Ok, my turn? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zond-YXXG9k

Jabber/XMPP ID on request.
Asle
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2015, 19:57:23 »

I guess I know the answer for this one Smiley oldiiiiiies ! I'll give a chance to the others Wink

now, "stress checking" BZR/flod whatever ? you mean stress checking whatever lib (FLOD ?) is behind it, I guess. Anyway, nice to see you here. long time indeed Wink
mld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2015, 20:38:16 »

Yes, oldiiies... like me. Do I give it too much away if I say popsnare, analogstring and monsterbass? ;-)

[off-topic]BZR Player and some multiformat players for smartphones seem to prefer libflod and libxmp to replay several Amiga formats (like octamed, hippel, Whittacker...) most times it sounds alright but sometimes there are the usual problems. For anyone interested I put some files online for checking and how they are replayed with UADE here: https://app.box.com/s/gjfv7ujhxpeia5xsqf4b4qekn49vqrlq
[/off-topic]

« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 05:44:55 by mld » Logged

Jazzcat

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2015, 11:01:52 »

The scene song Asle is looking for is called "Spaceship 505" and there's two versions... One by ZZZAX in Soundmon format, the other one is a cover by Neurodancer in AHX.

Good job! This one was tough. I've managed to google the answer, but it doesn't count, so I decided not to post it here.

Ye, it's SLL of course: http://amp.dascene.net/downmod.php?index=60790
mld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2015, 12:59:01 »

yes it is... sll7 - old Soundtracker15 format. One of the first mods I ever heard on the Amiga and I loved the Patrick Packard miniseries on German Christmas TV when I was young. So it's stuck in my mind even now.

The ZZZaxx tune was easy for me, because I just listened to it, the other day. I didn't know it was an actual cover, so it would have been harder for me the other way round.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: