Author Topic: Cruelization results  (Read 5004 times)

Offline Asle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Amiga Music Preservation
Cruelization results
« on: May 18, 2011, 19:48:45 »
Hi,

Can anyone find the Cruelization IRC music compo results for #7, #8 and #9 ?
Also if there was any beyond #9.

Thanks
Sylvain

PS: #1 to #6 entries are all online now.

Offline deus-ex

• View Profile
Re: Cruelization results
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 20:16:21 »
There was no Cruelization compo beyond #9. Are you looking for results in particular or just general information on who wrote what module? I never found any result info for Cruel 7,8,9.
Best regards
deus-ex

Offline Asle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 20:23:59 »
well, I was looking for the results only.
Maybe the solution could be to contact Cruel Creator, the organizer.

Sylvain

-- edit, sent a mail at what I believe is his account on rave.ca
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 21:40:27 by Asle »

Offline Axxy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 18:16:52 »
Or, go here....

http://hornet.scene.org/

Look in the music/contests/cruel folders

ftp://ftp.scene.org/mirrors/hornet/music/contests/cruel/
Takes you straight there but I couldn't get the link to work. Contains news on CC 9 and 10 as well.

Offline Asle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 19:35:11 »
Hey,

Went there already. Still, I looked again and tried the various mails/ftp/www addresses. It leads nowhere. There's a hint in a news that the #7 and #8 results were delayed. That's about it.

Sylvain

Offline Asle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 20:13:41 »
all right, I could catch Cruel Creator in the end. Here's what he said:
Here's what went on in the end of Cruelization contests - during the time of processing the votes of 7 and 8, and handling inputs for 9, I lost all my data to a major crash. At the time, I had no recent backups of the contests stuff and my communication with the competitors. Having lost a bunch of other important things I was also in emergency mode on other fronts, and, sadly,  the contest never recovered from that.
so, no result.

I just went on scene.org and downloaded the archive, it's been awesome to hear the songs again, they kept getting better as contests progressed, and I would like to complete the contests with results somehow. It occurred to me I could get a number of people - perhaps local composers and music buffs that I know together and have them vote on the tunes to compile a new set of results. That said, life is quite busy now and I don't know how long it would take me realistically.

Perhaps you would be interested in doing something with AMP to re-rate the songs and recompile the result? Perhaps you could just have the internal AMP team rate it - I don't know many people are in it. If you're interested in doing something like that, I could officially endorse it given the voting schema remains the same as it was - songs are rated on a 20-score, results are calculated with each vote having an equal weight, and there are measures in place to ensure each voter is unique and real. Comments would be cool but optional.

Let me know, and hope it helps!

On my way to reply, but I don't think this can be done. Fun idea, though.
Sylvain