Amiga Music > Ripping Amiga music

Ripping MO3's

(1/4) > >>

Axxy:
Anyone know of a tool that can scan files and rip MO3 format?

I'm getting a few dat files that contain mo3 packed modules and no ripper I know of can detect mo3....

Asle:
I thought about doing one, but the (very small) researches I made came up empty when trying to understand the format.
I think that's where something could be done.
So no, I don't know of any ripper ;). But maybe there is. Didn't search for one.

Sylvain

Axxy:
Be nice just to save the mo3 and unmo3 afterwards, just really need the mo3 files intact.

Got loads of scene stuff with goodies inside them, apart from huge .dat files and suspicious .exe that are supposed to run them, which my AV promptly deletes. Can't run them, so require a way to get at the resources in the .dat file.

Also need a program that can unpack Diet files, used to have one back in the day, doubt they work nowadays, especially with Vista.  At least I got a util that can unpack powerpacker files that works in Vista, had a few of those too.

Also came across 2x "UNI MikMak/Unicorn Design Module - MikMod". First time i've come across this format in 15 years. Is there a converter or player for this format?

Saga:
There is an unofficial MO3 format description. Since every MO3 file begins with the chars "MO3", you could try to scan for that string. That has worked for me several times when extracting soundtracks from demo data files.

deus-ex:

--- Quote from: Axxy on October 21, 2011, 11:57:47 ---Also need a program that can unpack Diet files, used to have one back in the day, doubt they work nowadays, especially with Vista.  At least I got a util that can unpack powerpacker files that works in Vista, had a few of those too.
--- End quote ---
If the Diet unpacker is a MSDOS application you can run it in a DOSBox session. Anyway I can assist you with this one. Just post links to the files in question or upload the ones you have either to a file host or to MODLAND's upload folder. I should be able to unpack them.

--- Quote from: Axxy on October 21, 2011, 11:57:47 ---Also came across 2x "UNI MikMak/Unicorn Design Module - MikMod". First time i've come across this format in 15 years. Is there a converter or player for this format?
--- End quote ---
The correct file extension is .uni. Yes there is a converter available which even runs on Windows 7, it's the great Milkytracker.

Regarding MO3 ripper, I usually rip those files manually with an HexEditor when no other option is left. Had to do this with some games from distributor PopCap Games.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version