Author Topic: Love Potion 2  (Read 3959 times)

Offline Axxy

• View Profile
Love Potion 2
« on: March 03, 2012, 12:06:28 »
From the latest uploads....

Isn't that Love Potion 2.xm by Luk & X-Man not the same as Love Potion 2.xm by Luk & Rommel?

These two versions of the song are identical byte wise, only difference is one was released at Wired 98, the other Abduction 98. They both can't be collaborations if they are the same song?

They look and play identical in Milkytracker too. Methinks it's a Luk tune, and just adding someone else to get a credit at the party, coz there is no contact details in either for either of them.

Offline Asle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Amiga Music Preservation
Re: Love Potion 2
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 20:45:32 »
Absolutely the same files. I guess Luk faked coop to be able to enter both compo (where if probably couldn't attend).
Well, from an AMP standpoint, registering the party entries, I guess both should be present, if only for the text update. Both are in fact genuine files.

Crown, Curt Cool, what do you think ?

Offline Axxy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 21:33:55 »
I'm not disputing both are genuine compo entries. I had to look up the other 2 on AMP to find out if they had released any modules on their own. Seems X-Man has, but not Rommel, who hasn't released anything, apart from his credit in Luk's song. Personally, I think i'll just credit it to Luk, might be he borrowed someone's computer at the party and gave them a credit or something..  :)

Offline Asle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 21:55:12 »
Well, coops are common in compos because the original musician can't attend a given party and co-credits another member of the team or a friend who will attend said party.
X-Man is a French gfx-man in that group. Going to Wired (Belgium) was no problem. Probably the same story happened with Rommel.

Offline Crown

• Administrator
  • Cryptoburners^AMP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 11:39:09 »
This is a tough question. Personally I'd agree with Asle on this one. Any chance we could contact Luke and ask?