Amiga Music Preservation > New features

Rating and Comments per module and artist

<< < (2/4) > >>

Monty:
Detailed modules informations using a php library done by Asle is already working, but I had problems with some garbage characters found in samples names, regex was the key but it took me an evening to solve it.

This feature should be available soon. Some further tests needed before releasing it.
Stay tuned  8)

swirlythingy:
Regarding sample info and that: would it be possible to implement some alternative display options giving various levels of detail (show sample names, show author comments, show both, show neither) in the module lists?  This would save opening new windows all over the place, and it means people could either quickly browse a module list, or expand the author comments to decide which mods were best to download, and so on...  Of course the light-bulb system would still be useful if you only want to read the info for one song.

Crown:
Well done Monty!  thx

Monty:

--- Quote from: swirlythingy on September 07, 2009, 14:23:47 ---Regarding sample info and that: would it be possible to implement some alternative display options giving various levels of detail (show sample names, show author comments, show both, show neither) in the module lists?  This would save opening new windows all over the place, and it means people could either quickly browse a module list, or expand the author comments to decide which mods were best to download, and so on...  Of course the light-bulb system would still be useful if you only want to read the info for one song.

--- End quote ---
Sure, nice ideas, but to implement such features we need to put Javascript everywhere.

We'll start with the infos displayed in a new target/window/frame/whatever.

Ijon_Tichy:
I was going to make a new topic, but I this one suits this purpose well. I was thinking of adding a new field with information of this sort:

- where a module was used, e.g.
From "Dune" (C) 1991 Virgin Interactive/Cryo.
Loadertune from "Bacteria" musicdisk (C) Crusaders.

- original composer/tune, e.g.
Original composer: Edvard Hagerup Grieg [from Peer Gynt]

- other info, e.g.
A Polish folk song.

I'm aware that any feature needs to be nailed down to the last detail to be implemented and all I have for now is a general idea. Things to be determine would be
- where to insert the column
- how to call it to avoid confusion with modinfo
- how to display this info (if popup windows aren't preferred, maybe a little js tooltip sort of thing)
- how to verify the information if submitted by the community

Any chance for this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version