Author Topic: Sundance.mod by Purple Motion  (Read 5327 times)

Offline Axxy

• View Profile
Sundance.mod by Purple Motion
« on: March 06, 2013, 23:13:16 »
While rummaging around the inner recesses of the internet, I came across another version of PM' sundance.mod.

Unfortunately, this version also doesn't contain the last 3 samples, but it is a slightly bigger filesize, so not sure if this is identical to the one everyone else seems to have.  You can see the note data in the mod but no sample is played.  I did try to go to his forum where Jonne did speak about this particular incomplete mod, but his site seems to have gone. I just got a blank page. :(

Offline deus-ex

• View Profile
Re: Sundance.mod by Purple Motion
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 16:06:11 »
The bigger module contains 46 patterns, the smaller one holds only 33, also the sample texts differ slightly. The samples of each module appear to be identical though. Exporting the modules to WAV creates two files of the same size with many yet small differences which do not affect the listening experience, i.e. both do sound the same.
Best regards
deus-ex

Offline Asle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Amiga Music Preservation
Re: Sundance.mod by Purple Motion
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 12:18:15 »
your (big) version is not a valid protracker, containing notes outside the 3 octaves range.
The difference is in the pattern data, which (your version) has in excess. 13 unused patterns are set there.

I'd say this version is the work-up one, then ASM93 came up and Purple Motion probably had to adjust to regular Protracker file and cleaned it up.
Just a guess.