Author Topic: Lancelot  (Read 9480 times)

Offline Axxy

• View Profile
Lancelot
« on: May 08, 2013, 15:22:44 »
Just uploaded a few xm's by Tommy Fjelldal (aka Lancelot)...

Just noticed that he was in fact Lancelot. I tried searching for "tommy", "fjelldal" and "tommy fjelldal" but AMP returned no hits for me and I only noticed he was Lancelot from the web....  /lol

Offline Asle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Amiga Music Preservation
Re: Lancelot
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 18:07:52 »
All right, added the lot and it shows in today's additions.
Thanks for those files !

If you find other author informations, don't hesitate :)

Sylvain

Offline Axxy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 22:23:02 »
All right, added the lot and it shows in today's additions.
Thanks for those files !

If you find other author informations, don't hesitate :)

Sylvain

No problem..  Actually, I uploaded them because I didn't see any mods on here by him.  I didn't know he was Lancelot, even though I do also have the one .mod by Lancelot that AMP has.  I couldn't get Tommy Fjelldal mods whatsoever to appear from the search criteria. I still can't. I can only get them to appear if I use Lancelot.  After this and the Onliner appearing longer than normal, I was wondering if a had a browser issue?

Offline Asle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 22:34:47 »
Well, you would have found the author by searching by real name in the search page.
As for the oneliner going berserk, it was a small issue with one of the input. Fixed by now. Please report if you experience the problem again :)

Offline Axxy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 22:49:39 »
Well, you would have found the author by searching by real name in the search page.

Except I usually use the Quick Search.  Probably the first time I came across a name it hadn't picked before..

Offline Asle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 00:10:34 »
I see. Hum, well, the quick search will focus on main nickname. If it fails, it searches for alternate handles (named ex-handle here).
Do you think I should add a third phase, searching by real name if the first two failed ? Shouldn't be too long to put in place.
Tell me what you think.

Offline Axxy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 01:12:34 »
I see. Hum, well, the quick search will focus on main nickname. If it fails, it searches for alternate handles (named ex-handle here).
Do you think I should add a third phase, searching by real name if the first two failed ? Shouldn't be too long to put in place.
Tell me what you think.

I thought Quick Search would pick up their real names?  In the past, if I searched for "Tommy", it would return everyone called Tommy or at least that's what I thought.  I think this must be the only time it failed to show what I was looking for, not that I would have noticed to be honest.  But quick search won't show anything for him this time, except if using Lancelot.

If it's too much work, time or effort, don't bother, I can use the full search in future.  It's nice to use quick search, only because I have AMP and TotalCommander split screen for easy cross-referencing when I checking stuff or adding new modules etc.

Offline Asle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 12:47:44 »
I gave it a try. Search by handle will now perform a search on
1. handle
2. alternate handle (if 1 fails)
3. real name (if 2 fails).

Note that it applies to both searches (quick or full) but only for handle.

Please, give it a try and report any problem :)

Sylvain

Offline Axxy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 21:13:12 »
Works for "fjelldal" and "tommy fjelldal" but doesn't show it for "tommy".

Is it possible to show everything if "tommy" only is used as criteria?

Because now, I'm just wondering how many entries would show if it did handle/alt handle/real name. lol

Offline Asle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 21:31:01 »
hum ... 'quick' search is _not_ a strict search, and I don't think I want that.
To answer your question, yes, it's possible, but I think it would wreck havoc. I already foresee people complaining the search doesn't work anymore :).
Besides, searching for 'tommy' stops at 'handle' level since there are results. Again, searching by real name happens ONLY if, when searching for a handle, no result show up, then no result show up for 'ex-handle' either.

really, I think in these cases, you should use the 'full' search and tick the 'exact' box.

Offline Axxy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 22:56:03 »
No problem and thanks...