Amiga Music > Ripping Amiga music

Up Rough musicdisks

<< < (3/3)

Asle:
Now I'm confused. why would someone perform a memory rip if this 's' feature saves the file without the four first bytes of each sample cleared ?
Another thing that is unsettling. UP-EP001 has musics by Ronny. I retrieved these musics from Up-Rough website a while ago. All were memory rips.
All this is rather confusing.

Still, I'm glad for this remarkable tool. 14 musicdisks handled so far. I updated some musics on AMP. Got 3 more "chip music disks" to go. Audit traces of said updates are coming shortly.

@Axxy, identical size is not enough. you should perform a binary file comparison. As for your sources, I'm afraid I can't help ;)

Axxy:

--- Quote from: Asle on March 19, 2015, 19:18:36 ---
@Axxy, identical size is not enough. you should perform a binary file comparison. As for your sources, I'm afraid I can't help ;)

--- End quote ---

Mine are identical except "def chaos filter" has slight variations in the file. Seems strange I had only those 3 as the others, "freshly 2000" is datestamped 2013 and I didn't have welcome003...  Must have found a download for them somewhere, as I obviously didn't rip them back then.

Asle:
well, Up Rough _does_ provide the MODs for various musicdisks on their website. The link to those is generally close to the musicdisk link itself. Though, they more easily link to MP3 version. Maybe you got your version from their website ?

Asle:
And I'm done with all Up Rough musicdisks.
That includes all LP and EP series.
Several additions/updates were made to AMP because of that. So, in case I didn't make it clear, thanks a lot for your tool ! it helped a lot !

Cheers
Sylvain

rogue:
Great! I am really happy to hear that.

I must say I do miss the good old days and hacking with UAE is like a time machine. And it also help make my tiny contribution to the awesome AMP. Now, I go back optimizing my 68000 mandelbrot code, see you again in next music disk!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version