Author Topic: dreamfish - ocean loader  (Read 3905 times)

Offline mld

• View Profile
    • UADE
dreamfish - ocean loader
« on: June 28, 2015, 10:05:18 »
Hi Asle,

maybe something interesting for you. It seems there's at least three different versions of Hoffmann's/Dreamfish's oceanloader.

your one hosted AMP: http://amp.dascene.net/downmod.php?index=30981
#dreamfish / trsi
SIZE OF THE PATTERN LIST : 52

the one on Modland: ftp://modland.com/pub/modules/Protracker/Hoffman/ocean loader.mod
#dreamfish / dcs
SIZE OF THE PATTERN LIST : 53

and a shorter one I had in my collection, which I don't know where I got it from:
#dreamfish / dcs
SIZE OF THE PATTERN LIST : 52

Patternorder and usage of effects also differs. heh, at first I thought I b0rked our modplayer for uade with my recent changes for pt1.1a replay support
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 10:25:57 by mld »
Jabber/XMPP ID on request.

Offline Asle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Amiga Music Preservation
Re: dreamfish - ocean loader
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 14:57:03 »
Hey,

OK, for this one I have no clue.
 I mean, there's no source identified. The closest is the version if the TRSI chipmusicdisk. And there, it's in TP3 format. However, that's the AMP version behind.
 There's also this difference in Dreamfish/TRSI against Dreamfish/DCS for the modland version.

Find me a reliable source :)

Oh, and the CD "Scene Storm" contains the modland version.

Sylvain

Offline mld

• View Profile
    • UADE
Re: dreamfish - ocean loader
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 18:04:30 »
 ??? neither have I... The timestamp of the file on my first PC backup says it's from September 1992... which might be a screwed clock but would fit into the time I actively used my a500. The *.mod suffix would speak I renamed it when I switched to my first P90 and Linux.

I doubt I ripped it myself, though i did rip back them. So either I was given it or I found it on my Aminet set CDs (have to go to hunt for them on my attic to make sure) or as demo tune accompanying *trackers or Amiga modplayer disks I transfered as adf, when I started toying around with UAE. I really don't know.
Jabber/XMPP ID on request.