Author Topic: 2022  (Read 2547 times)

Offline Asle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Amiga Music Preservation
« on: January 01, 2022, 09:08:18 »
Dear readers,

And here we are, once again ! It's a new year that starts today.
So to everyone; in the name of the AMP team; I wish you all the best for 2022.

Once again, 2021 was barely different than 2020 - which was strange, in many ways !

As usual, I would thank everyone who has sent us information and/or material to enrich the collection. We saw once again a steady flow of material this past year. Many people, again , reached out ! and that's really appreciated.
 Should anyone wishes to upload stuff, please make sure it has clear authorship (add a text file if not) !

News-wise, 2021 was mostly uneventful for AMP. Curt Cool was still the upload beast we know and love, and Monty did some fine-tuning server wise.

Some figures:
 new musics : 3.585
 updated musics : 230
 new author : 365
 removed author (merge/fix/etc.) : 15
 updated author : 377

Be safe.

The AMP team

Offline Wooddragononfire

• Amiga fan!
    • View Profile
A backwards compatible tracker for Android?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 03:09:46 »
Hello mighty upholders of the nostalgic modules! Does there exist any tracker for Android that can digests xms mods, etc? Help me! Thank you!

Offline a tiny pony

• consume mass quantities
    • View Profile
Re: 2022
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 05:17:35 »
zxtune plays most common module formats and emulates some chip hardware formats like c64's SID and Sega Mega Drive's yamaha YM2612
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.zxtune&hl=en_AU&gl=US
Plus you can browse AMP with it

-----edit-----
facepalm, here's me not reading properly.
  • Sunvox can open .MOD and .XM modules, but it's as much a modular audio synthesis tool as it is a tracker. Can't export to MOD or XM though, only to its native SVOX module format.
  • There's also an unofficial and maybe unsupported? port of MilkyTracker for Android. it's outdated, throws a bunch of errors when you first run it on later versions of Android, but it seems to work normally for me. your mileage may vary.
Not a lot of android-native options - trackers are VERY keyboard-centric so the touchscreen is a big disincentive. That said, if you get yerself a bluetooth keyboard (i recommend rii's mini bluetooth ones. they've got nice clicky buttons instead of rubber calculator-style ones. A mechanical keyboard it ain't, but) then you can mess around with emulating and using a tracker the way the good lord intended:
  • If you're *nixy, you can download termux off f-droid.org and a vnc server. MilkyTracker is in their x11-apps repo and will maybe be more stable.
  • or, you can dive down the wild rabbit hole of android amiga emulators and actually get protracker off aminet
  • or or, you can download one of the Android dosbox ports,  magicdosbox is pretty active and has a free version you can try out. All the classics like fasttracker 2, screamtracker 3 etc, you can get off pouet.org. That's what I've been doing. I was too young to have owned an amiga, but now i can carry a 486 around in my pocket.
Thank you for coming to my ted talk.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 07:02:53 by a tiny pony »
---
sometimes i'm grumpy