Quote from: deus-ex on December 06, 2009, 18:54:51Quote from: swirlythingy on December 06, 2009, 18:46:05When you say it 'does not play as intended', do you mean it sounds normal, just the wrong speed, or that it's really messed up?The sound messed up.Quote from: swirlythingy on December 06, 2009, 18:46:05Can you please try playing this file and tell me if it works?That one appears to play correct. Well done! Let's do that same treatment to the other 8 channels modules and we should be set. Does the format description need to be updated as well?
Hmm. Yes. I do not like that at all.
There's nothing wrong with the format specification - there appears to be a bug in Milkytracker (or whatever you're using). It's obviously a very common mistake - I ran into the exact same problem when testing at this end, until I found an older and less generic player which handled them correctly.
The difference between the two is in the patterns. StarTrekker (as detailed in the text from Exolon here) uses an unusual layout, in that the patterns are 'doubled up' - that is, each number in the sequence is multiplied by two, and the odd-numbered patterns contain the data for channels 5 to 8, which is the format I converted them to.
The test file I just posted here does not adhere to this format - rather, all eight notes are kept together in the same pattern, with one pattern being twice as long as usual.
So I could convert them to this specification, but it would be wrong to do so.